The Best Kept Secret for Lifelong Teeth Whitening
Are you trying to discover the best-kept secret for permanent teeth whitening? Teeth whitening solutions are quite famous, and perhaps you may even have tried a few. You may be frustrated by using overnight trays or having each tooth carefully painted with a whitening gel that you purchased in a store.
The reality is that over time your teeth do not become brilliant white, and the enamel begins to wear away. This problem is experienced by the most diligent proponents of oral hygiene. Starry Dental answers questions frequently after patients undergo professional teeth whitening about how their teeth can be maintained in excellent condition. They offer the following suggestions to their patients who are determined to keep their teeth whiter for a more extended period.
What Are the Suggestions Offered by This Dental Facility?
- They advise patients to rinse their mouths after having any dark beverages. Regardless of whether it is a glass of red wine or a cup of coffee or two, these dark acidic beverages take a toll on the teeth over time. A quick rinse with water will help to prevent staining.
- Brushing your teeth after having any acidic beverages is another suggestion offered by this facility. The brushing helps to wash away parts of enamel that have weakened to leave your teeth exposed to the risk of stains and other damage. Acidic drinks are not limited to red wine and coffee but also include orange juice and tea. You need to ensure you wait for 30 minutes before brushing to prevent the enamel on your teeth from weakening and staining.
- Using a straw for beverages helps to avoid direct contact with the teeth. They are a great way to spare your teeth the trouble of staining and discoloration. If you prefer to use paper or reusable straws, you are not just protecting your teeth but also the environment.
- Sugarless gum, despite not being as exciting as bubblegum, is an excellent way of having fresh breath without damaging your teeth. Sugar can add to the buildup of plaque on your teeth, which can eventually lead to tooth decay and cavities. Sugarless gum helps you to inhibit the buildup of plaque and increases the quantity of saliva in your mouth to wash away harmful acids from food.
- Flossing at least once a day is a habit you must inculcate. It helps to remove food and plaque from between your teeth and reduce discoloration and future cavities.
You may have heard about these tips that may have been recommended by friends or family members. Following every advice offered is not suggested because some beside the above can be detrimental when trying to maintain a healthy mouth.
Detrimental Tips That Should Be Avoided
The popularity of teeth whitening is at an all-time high, and people are spending billions every year to accomplish their goals. Trends like rinsing with coconut oil, increasing fruit intake, and charcoal rubs are being promoted as excellent teeth whitening methods. Cosmetic Family Dentistry advises not to follow these tips because they can erode the enamel, which will not return after it is damaged. The latest trends can harm your enamel instead of strengthening it.
If you want to whiten your teeth from home, considering stain removal toothpaste or whitening strips is a good idea. You must, however, bear in mind that these home remedies may not deliver the results you desire to leave you searching for ways to discover the best method for whitening your teeth.
Effective Teeth Whitening Solutions
If you desire a whiter and brighter smile, it is suggested that you visit Westwood Teeth Whitening for professional treatments. The procedures will be conducted in the office and will involve trays of whitening solutions that are more potent than over-the-counter products. Dentists can customize your experience after considering your dental history to ensure you get the best results for your teeth.
Scheduling an appointment with your dentist is your best option before trying one or more whitening treatments from home. Your dentist can help you through the process of finding the best solution suitable for you. Whitening supervised by a dentist is the safest option for you and the enamel on your teeth. During your appointment, you can also discuss methods to maintain your teeth whiter and brighter from home to understand the secret of lifelong teeth whitening.